“Wise Counsel – When You Need It” – Schedule your appointment today!
- Do you feel a growing distance between you and your partner?
- Do attempts to communicate result in defensiveness and frustration?
- Do you suspect that influences from your childhood or past experiences are affecting your current relationship?
Bring peace back into your home.
We take an integral approach to couples counseling, combining the best aspects of the top counseling theories (Gottman, Imago, Emotionally-Focused Therapy) to help you create profound and lasting changes. It’s proven to be a powerful combination.
As a couple, you’ll learn to:
- create a shared vision for your relationship
- communicate in a way that diffuses defensiveness
- foster fondness and admiration for your partner
- control intense emotional reactions
- solve your solvable problems
- recognize underlying issues from your childhood
- address unconscious baggage from past relationships
- recapture romance, caring behaviors and fun
- challenge limiting behaviors and unhealthy thought patterns
- increase emotional and sexual intimacy
- discuss financial matters more lovingly and effectively
You unconsciously chose your partner for a reason
Our couples counseling delves deep by incorporating Imago Relational Therapy which examines each person’s childhood wounds in order to find greater clarity on present relationship problems. The brain’s unconscious drive is to repair damage done in childhood, and to satisfy needs that were not met, by finding a partner who can give us what our caretakers failed to provide. In this way, wounds received from parents, tend to be re-stimulated by new adult partners and potential future partners. It’s no accident that you’re with your current partner. This relationship, and the challenging dynamics you’re facing, are an opportunity for greater healing and growth. We will help you find the clarity necessary to break free from these unconscious patterns in order to create the loving relationship you deserve.
EMDR – An Added Resource
Nothing is hidden in an intimate relationship and consequently our own deeper, personal issues can sometimes rise to the surface for the necessary attention and healing. Some of these issues may be:
- Unresolved pain from childhood
- Attachment issues from parental interactions
- Lingering effects of past abuse (emotional, physical or sexual)
- Consequences from pornography addiction
- Resentment and trust issues from past infidelity
Unlike traditional couples counseling, we’ve found success incorporating EMDR Therapy, when needed. It’s a powerful resource that allows us to go beneath the surface to address the root cause of the problem, as opposed to simply learning to deal with the symptom.
We look forward to helping you live and love joyously.
Offices in both the Fort Myers and Naples, Florida areas